The Royal Norwegian Embassy has 2 temporary vacancies in the Consular Section:
- Consular assistant. 1 August 2018 – 28 February 2019 (may be extended)
- Consular assistant. 1 October 2018 – 30 September 2019 (may be extended)
The Consular Section gives consular services to Norwegian citizens in the United Kingdom as well as handling visa- and residence permit applications. The Consular section has five locally employed staff and is headed by the Consul.
At the moment we are 36 employees at the Embassy, whereas one third are diplomats from the Foreign Ministry in Oslo, and two thirds are locally employed staff.
- Consular matters
- Passport applications
- General assistance to Norwegians abroad
- Visa applications
- Work- and residence permit applications
- Other task can be added to the position
- Applicants should have completed higher education
- Fluency in English and Norwegian, oral and written
- Customer service experience will be desired
- ICT knowledge
- Ability to handle confidential information and deal with customers in a friendly manner
- Strong communication and networking skills as well as a team spirit
- Ability to work independently under pressure
- Sense of order, punctuality and accuracy
- Local conditions will apply for the position. We offer a competitive salary and excellent working environment with interesting and varied tasks.
The application deadline is 6 May 2018. Please send your application, CV and two references to email@example.com with "Application Consular Assistant" written in the subject line.