Right of appeal if a visa application is rejected
The decision can be appealed, see the Public Administration Act section 28 first paragraph. The appeal has to be sent to The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Ankara. We will review the case. If we do not find grounds to reverse the decision, the case will be sent to The Directorate of Immigration.
- The appeal has to be set forward within three weeks from the receipt of this notification, see the Public Administration Act section 29 first paragraph, first sentence.
- The appeal shall be signed by the applicant or the holder of the power of attorney and indicate the decision forming the subject of the appeal.
- The appeal should mention the grounds on which the appeal is based and any other information of importance to the hearing of the appeal.
- The appeal must be written in Norwegian or English. If the appeal is written in any other language, an official translation must be attached.
- The appeal should be sent to The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Ankara by e-mail, post or courier. If the apppeal is sent by e-mail it must be sent to [email protected] and the appeal and all documents must be scanned and sent with the e-mail.
- The consideration time for appeals at the Embassy is 1-2 month. Please note that we do not handle appeals quicker than 1 month and we do not prioritize appeals upon request.