Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Multilingual English, Turkish and Norwegian customer service.
- Receiving applications for renewal of passports, applications for the Norwegian personal number, assisting Norwegian citizens in general in Turkey and Azerbaijan.
- Performing first line ID- and other document control.
- Responding to questions regarding passports, personal ID numbers and general requests.
- Contact with hospitals, police departments and certain authorities when assisting Norwegian citizens in distress.
- Regular contact with travel agents, and our Honorary Consulates in Turkey and Azerbaijan.
- Notarial issues
- Team member for Duty phone
The position will be a part of the administrative and consular team in the embassy and will perform any given task.
- The following qualifications are required:
- Fluency (written and oral) in English and Turkish.
- Applicants with a working knowledge of a Scandinavian language (Norwegian, Swedish or Danish) will be prioritized.
- Proficiency in computer software such as Microsoft Office.
- Higher education (e.g. university degree) in a relevant field. Long and relevant experience may substitute for higher education.
- Developed cooperation skills as well as the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- The following qualifications will be an advantage:
- Experience from work with an Embassy / Consulate, or public administration.
- Good knowledge of legal framework and social and cultural situation in Turkey.
- Customer service experience is an advantage.
All candidates who are not Turkish citizens must have legal residency and hold a valid work permit in Turkey.
Salary will be determined according to qualifications and experience. Currency of salary payments are TRY. A 15% salary deduction to SGK will apply. Depending on nationality and residency status, income tax will be applicable to either Turkey or Norway.
Application must be in English, and include a cover letter, CV, photo and a list of references (please include both email and phone numbers for references).
For any questions about the position, please contact Mariken Ellingsen Thue, Tel 0312 408 48 00 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 14 August 2020 (applications received after this date will not be considered), and mark the application with Vacancy – Consular officer.
Please note that applications or attachments will not be returned and that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.