Royal Norwegian Embassy: Vacancy - Receptionist
The Norwegian Embassy in Ankara has a vacancy for a position as “Receptionist and Administrative Assistant” starting 1 February 2020.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reception and Switchboard.
- Registering and receiving visitors.
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail and cargo.
- Assisting with office routines and maintenance.
- Administrative support for posted staff, incl. assisting with arrangements for meetings, events and programs for posted staff and visiting delegations.
- Some translation work: Turkish to English - English to Turkish.
The position will be a part of the administrative team in the embassy and will perform any given task.
- The following qualifications are required:
- Documented fluency (written and oral) in English and Turkish.
- Documented proficiency in Microsoft Office computer software.
- Relevant Education.
- Developed cooperation skills as well as the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- The following qualifications will be an advantage:
- Experience from work with Embassy, international organization or public administration.
- Documented proficiency in translations.
- Good knowledge of social and cultural situation in Turkey
- Working knowledge of a Scandinavian language (Norwegian, Swedish or Danish).
All candidates who are not Turkish citizens must have legal residency and hold a valid work permit in Turkey.
Salary will be determined according to qualifications and experience. Currency of salary payments are TRY. A 15% salary deduction to SGK will apply. Depending on nationality and residency status, income tax will be applicable to either Turkey or Norway.
Application must be in English, and include a cover letter, CV, photo and a list of references (please include both email and phone numbers for references).
For any questions about the position, please contact Sandra Vekve, Tel 0312 408 48 00 or [email protected]
Please send your application by email to [email protected] no later than 19 December 2019 (applications received after this date will not be considered), and mark the application Vacancy - Receptionist. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.