Hand in your documents
You must bring with you:
- A printout of the cover letter and application form from the Application Portal
- The checklist and the documents listed on it
- Your passport (must be valid for at least three months after your planned departure from the Schengen area)
- Photograph (must comply with international standards)
- Your travel health insurance policy
- You should be covered for at least EUR 30 000, including expenses in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, treatment in medical emergencies and/or emergency hospital treatment, and death
- Your insurance should be valid in all Schengen countries
- It should cover the whole of your planned stay in the Schengen area
- It should as a rule be purchased in your home country. If this is not possible it may be purchased in another country.
We will contact you if we need more information. The application process will start once all the required documents have been submitted.
You can hand in your application and the required documents here:
Norway Visa Application Centre at VFS
Unit 404 and 405, The Plaza 4th Floor,
Chamchuri Square Building Phayathai Road,
Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 (Sam Yan MRT Station)
Phone: +66 (0) 21187004
Small files: There is no need to submit extra copies or duplicates of the documents (however you might keep a copy of the documents for your own reference). You need to print out the application form and the cover letter from the Application Portal. In group applications, the receipt stating the group name and list of group members must also be enclosed.
Language: All supporting documents must be in Norwegian or translated into English. This includes itineraries and web printouts. Make them as short, and to the point as possible.
It is very important that all documents must be submitted with a perfect copy in A4 format.
Please do not staple any documents together.
Handing in the application at the Embassy, only for applicants who can document urgency or special need for this service
The Embassy will only receive applications with a prior appointment made through the Norway Visa Application Centre (VFS) by telephone. Please be advised that the Embassy has a limited number of time slots, and that the case processing time for visa applications submitted directly at the embassy will be fourteen (14) days counting from when the Embassy receives all the required documents.
WARNING: False Visa Agents
There are a number of visa agents in operation throughout Thailand.
Please note that the Norwegian Embassy in Bangkok and VFS Norway Visa Application Centre do not co-operate with any visa agents in Thailand.
Applicants are strongly advised not to deal with visa agents. They often charge high fees, offer false information, and in some cases have been found to compromise the overall credibility of an application by encouraging applicants to falsify information and documentation
Please report any attempts at visa fraud from visa agents directly to the Embassy.