Before you apply
- You should apply well in advance and as a rule no later than 15 days before you plan to travel. Due to the courier sending of documents in some countries, we recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to your planned departure.
- You may submit your application up to six months before your planned departure, or up to nine months for seafarers.
- We recommend that you do not buy your ticket until a visa has been granted.
- You must register your application online before you can hand in the required documentation.
- When you hand in your application, you will be asked to provide fingerprints, unless your fingerprints have been collected within the last 59 months.
In order to apply for a visa from Thailand you must either be a citizen of Thailand, or Cambodia, or legally reside in Thailand.
If you want someone to act on your behalf in connection with your application, you must authorize this person to do so. Please visit the UDI website for more information and the relevant form.
Group registration: If two or more people of the same nationality are travelling together, for any kind of purpose, they should register using the group application, not individual applications. This ensures quicker processing time. Groups of more than 15 people should be divided into smaller subgroups.
If there are no available appointment slots for groups on the Application Portal, please contact VFS directly to arrange an appointment. Do not use individual appointments for groups as this will increase the processing time for the visa applications.