Seeking Bahasa Indonesian Speakers!
The Norwegian Embassy in Bangkok is expanding and seeking 1-2 qualified and highly motivated team members for our visa section.
The Norwegian embassy in Bangkok is the diplomatic representation of the Government of Norway in Thailand and Cambodia located in central Bangkok. The embassy processes visa applications from Thailand and Cambodia, and will from August 2019 handle applications from Vietnam, Laos, Philippines, Indonesia, East-Timor and Malaysia.
- Register visa applications electronically
- Handle enquiries regarding visas and residence permits
- Verify supporting documents
- Print visas
- Interview applicants and references
- Communicate with involved Immigration parties
- Filing and archiving of visa applications
- Contribute and assist according to instructions
- Other tasks as needed
The following qualifications are required:
- Fluency (written and oral) in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Graduate degree, or commercial diploma, or equivalent required
- 2 years of relevant work experience in an administrative environment
- Good knowledge of computer applications
The following qualifications will be an advantage:
- Good knowledge of legal framework and social and cultural situation in Indonesia
- Previous experience in related field (immigration) is an advantage
Personal skills: We are looking for a service minded and flexible person, with an eye for detail who can work independently, efficiently and as a team player in a fast-paced international environment. We want someone with solid communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrates cultural awareness and sensitivity, integrity and a professional approach to their work.
Terms and Conditions:
- Position: Visa Officer
- Type of employment: full time position
- Eligible for Thai citizens and non-Thai citizens
- Local employment contract with the Norwegian Embassy in Bangkok
- Salary in accordance with education/experience and skills
- Monthly Salary Range 40000 THB to 50000 THB
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 0830-1630
- 25 days annual holiday
- Commencement date: August 1. 2019
How to Apply:
The application should consist of a motivation letter with salary expectation as an email and a CV in an attached pdf file. Please submit the application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark the application “Bahasa Indonesian Visa officer application - your name”
Application Deadline: 28th June 2019
Shortlisted candidates who are contacted for a test and interview will be asked to bring their certificates and two reference letters.
The embassy attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability. For enquiries regarding the position, please e-mail the embassy at email@example.com