Number of working hours:
40 hours a week. Additional work in the evenings must be expected and may also occur during weekends.
The successful candidate will act as part of a small team ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the residence of the Norwegian ambassador.
Main tasks are housekeeping and functions support. They include assistance during meal preparations and other support during official and unofficial functions at the residence.
- Day-to-day and post-function cleaning work (vacuum, dusting, floors, windows, furniture polishing etc.);
- Wash, dry and iron clothing, linen and towels as required, including minor sewing repairs / alterations;
- Polishing silver and furniture etc.
- Assist Chef during the meal preparations, if required;
- Set table and ensure residence is in perfect order at all times;
- Act as wait-staff / serve meals during official and unofficial functions (at table or cocktails / garden parties, etc.);
- Residence and kitchen cleanup
- Communicate and cooperate effectively with residence chef and butler on residence activities;
- Be able to work in a small team, be flexible and a good team player;
- Report any repairs / maintenance requirements;
- Purchase cleaning and maintenance products as well as grossery if needed;
- Clean up after workmen when required;
- Cover for other residence staff as required;
- Any other duties decided by the Ambassador
- Good command of English – verbal related to role;
- Proven excellent skills as housekeeper, including cleaning, cooking and serving, with ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively;
- Demonstrated flexibility and a positive mindset towards working as part of a broader team.
- Perform all duties with discretion, professionalism and a positive demeanor.
- Essential qualities are honesty, trustworthiness and loyalty.
- The successful candidate will sign a binding non disclosure/confidentiality agreement, agreeing that sensitive or private information they obtain will not be made available to any others.
- The successful candidate must present a police clearance certificate.
- Must currently reside and have a valid work permit in Thailand
HOW TO APPLY
Send letter of application, résumé (CV) and supporting materials including at least two references to the Royal Norwegian Embassy, attention to Mrs. Janiche Berseth. By e-mail: email@example.com attention: Janiche Berseth. Or by mail to Embassy of Norway, P.O. box 19, Prasanmit Post Office, Bangkok 10114, Thailand
Application closing date: 31.10.2022