Position: Visa Officer
Type of employment: 100 % permanent position; eligible for Thai citizens and non-Thai citizens with legal residence in Thailand
Location: Norwegian Embassy in Bangkok, Sukhumvit soi 33
Starting date: Early 2018
Responsibilities: Register and handle visa and residence applications; answer enquiries regarding visa and residence permits by telephone and e-mail; perform interviews with applicants and reference persons; liaison with external service provider, applicants, Norwegian references, companies, the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration, and other involved parties. Contribute and assist according to instructions.
- High-levels of spoken and written English and Thai is essential. We look favorably at additional language skills from countries in the region.
- Graduate degree, or commercial diploma, or equivalent required
- Min. 2 years of relevant work experience in an administrative environment. Previous experience in related field (immigration) is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of computer applications
Personal skills: This busy role requires a service minded and flexible person who can work efficiently and harmoniously in a fast-paced environment. It provides a good opportunity for someone with solid communication and interpersonal skills who demonstrates integrity and a professional approach to their work.
Terms and Conditions:
- Local employment contract with the Norwegian Embassy in Bangkok
- Monthly Salary Range 35000 THB to 45000 THB
- Good benefit package
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 0830-1630
- 25 days annual holiday
How to Apply:
The application including a cover letter, CV with two references and salary expectation, and copies of relevant documents should be delivered in a sealed envelope to the Head of Visa Section, Royal Norwegian Embassy, UBC II Building, 18th Floor, 591 Sukhumvit, Soi 33, Bangkok 10110 or sent by post to Royal Norwegian Embassy, P.O. BOX 19, Prasanmit Post Office, Bangkok 10114. Please mark the envelope “Visa officer application”
The embassy attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability.
Application Deadline: 4 January 2018 at 3 pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For enquiries regarding the position, please e-mail the embassy at firstname.lastname@example.org