Before you apply

Find out what type of residence permit you need, e.g. in connection with work, studies, family immigration or to stay in Norway as an au pair. You will find information on the different types of residence permit on UDI’s website

In order to apply for a residence permit from Tanzania you must either be a citizen of Tanzania or have a residence permit in Tanzania. You must have had the residence permit for at least six months before you apply for the Schengen residence permit.

In Tanzania, applicants for visa or residence permits submit their application at the Norway Visa Application Centre (VFS). VFS Global will forward the application to the Norwegian Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya for further screening.