The Programme Adviser will assist the Energy Counsellor in all matters related to the Embassy’s work in the energy sector, including management of development cooperation agreements. The portfolio includes support to Rural Energy Agency (REA), Zanzibar Electricity Corporation (ZECO), TANESCO, EWURA and Engineers Registration Board (ERB).
- Assist in management of Energy programmes/projects, including (but not limited to): Follow-up, risk management, monitoring and collaboration with relevant agreement partners, prepare formal correspondence, prepare documents for formal meetings and external communication, assessment of new projects, and closure of old projects.
- Contribute to good grant management compliance within the relevant portfolio by making active use of the internal grant management systems.
- Contribute to coordination among development partners.
- Contribute to the Embassy’s communication work in the energy sector and assist in following-up Norwegian companies within this sector.
- Assist in following-up partner institutions and companies with relevant information.
- University education, preferably a Master’s Degree in law, engineering or business/public administration.
- A minimum of three years working experience, preferably from an international working environment and/or the public sector.
- Extensive knowledge of the energy sector in Tanzania, particularly related to electricity and renewable energy.
- Good analytical skills and knowledge of the key companies and institutions in the Tanzanian energy sector.
- Knowledge of Tanzanian government institutions.
- Knowledge and experience from working with grant management.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Good ICT skills.
- Proactive and good team player who can work independently and efficiently and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Networking and communication skills and ability to develop good working relationships across cultural diversities.
- Able to take initiatives, eager to learn, be flexible and organized, work efficiently, and manage own workload with a high level of administrative tidiness.
What the Embassy can offer
The Embassy can offer a supportive working environment, where staff members work in a dynamic and cooperative spirit across program areas and sectors, with well-regulated work conditions. Working hours, Monday to Thursday 07:15 - 15:00 and Friday 07:15 – 13:45. The Embassy has 26 staff members and is located in Dar es Salaam’s city center, in functional office premises including lunchroom and gym facilities available for all staff.
The role of Programme Adviser at the Embassy will involve some travelling within the country.
A letter of application and an updated CV, should be sent to email@example.com with the heading “Programme Adviser Energy”. Do not send copies of certificates, letters of recommendation etc. at this stage.
The Embassy values gender balance at the workplace and encourages women to apply for the position.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 7 November 2021.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Those applicants who do not receive a response within four weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful.