Before you apply
- You should apply well in advance and as a rule no later than 15 days before you plan to travel. Due to the courier sending of documents in some countries, we recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to your planned departure.
- You may submit your application up to six months before your planned departure, or up to nine months for seafarers.
- We recommend that you do not buy your ticket until a visa has been granted.
- You must register your application online before you can hand in the required documentation.
- When you hand in your application, you will be asked to provide fingerprints, unless your fingerprints have been collected within the last 59 months.
In order to apply for a visa from Sri Lanka you must either be a citizen of Sri Lanka or legally reside here.
A visa is generally granted for a single entry into the Schengen-area. If you have a special need, you can be issued a visa that is valid for multiple entries during a period for up to five years. The need for multiple entries has to be documented.