The Norwegian Embassy in Sri Lanka in Colombo, is looking for a Local Administrative Officer who will be in charge of the Embassy’s archives. The position will also include ICT support and assistance in consular matters. The person we are looking for should preferably be Norwegian, or a citizen from another Nordic country, residing in Sri Lanka.
Scope of Assignment
Under the supervision of the Head of Administration, the archivist is responsible of the following:
• Daily registration, maintenance and updating of archive material
• Keep up to date on Ministry’s regulations and procedures on archives
• Annual reporting on the Embassy’s archive
• Quality assurance of the Embassy ‘s main journal and public journal
• Attend relevant meetings in the program section to maintain a level of knowledge of the Embassy’s programs
• Provide training and guidance to office staff on archiving procedures
• Ensure that the archives are secure, sufficiently maintained and not exposed to humidity and high temperature
• Daily review, sorting, distribution, and registration of Embassy’s correspondence (paper and electronic)
• Responsible for Embassy courier through DHL and similar
• ICT support – provide technical support to staff members
• Assist in consular cases
• Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and required competencies
• Minimum 2-years college or a Bachelor’s degree from a university, preferably within relevant subject/field, or a minimum of 2 years related job experience relevant to the function.
• Must have good reading, writing and oral skills in Norwegian
• Very good written and oral communication skills in English
• Very good ICT skills and literacy
• Structured and organized
• Good team-player
The position is initially for 2 years, with a possibility for extension. Training will be provided. Salary and benefits are competitive at national level. Early appointment is expected.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications within 30 august 2019 to email@example.com with a subject line “RNE – Archives 2019”.
Questions regarding the position can be directed to First Secretary, Ms Nova Stella Erta by telephone +94 (0) 11 560 8700.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.