The Norwegian Embassy in Colombo has a vacancy for a local staff member to be in charge of housekeeping at the Ambassador’s official residence.
Scope of Assignment
Under the supervision of the Residence Supervisor, the housekeeper is responsible for the following
• General indoor cleaning of the official residence, including staff quarters
• Operate and upkeep of pantry and equipment
• Maintaining the inventory of official and non-official cutlery and crockery
• Assist in arrangements required for official functions and meetings
• Table service during functions, and assisting in cleaning after official events
• Washing and ironing
• Perform other related duties as required
• Minimum 3 years in similar position
• Basic knowledge English, reading and writing
• Bacis computer skills
• Honest, reliable and with good recommendations
The position is available from October 2019 to October 2021. Salary and benefits are competitive at national level.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application within 30 August 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “RNE – Housekeeper 2019”.
Questions regarding the position can be directed to First Secretary, Ms Nova Stella Erta by telephone 0 11 560 8700.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.