1. As of 8 January 2021, all foreign nationals arriving in Korea via flight are required to submit the original copy of a certificate verifying their negative PCR test results for COVID-19 to the quarantine authorities at the airport.
- The measure also applies to holders of A1 (diplomatic), A2 (official), and A3 (treaties) visas.
- Infants and children under the age of 6 (as of the entry date) are exempted from submitting a test result certificate.
- Passengers must show their test result certificate to the airline personnel when boarding the Boarding will be declined in the absence of a test result certificate.
- Passengers transiting in Korea without entry are not required to show their test result certificate when boarding an aircraft, and they are allowed to transit in Korea without the certificate.
- The test result certificate must be issued within 72 hours before the departure date.
- The test result certificate must be either in Korean or English. If the certificate is issued in a third language, a translated version into either Korean or English as well as a notarial certificate for the translation must be provided.
- Those who fail to comply with the above requirements will be denied entry.
2. All foreign crew members who board a ship after 00:00 hours on 15 January 2021 are required to submit the original copy of a certificate verifying their negative PCR test results for COVID-19 to the quarantine authorities at the seaport.
- The details are the same as stated above.