The Norwegian Embassy in Pretoria is handling immigration cases for South Africa, Botswana, Madagascar, Namibia, Lesotho and Zimbabwe. From August 2019 the embassy will in addition take over the responsibility for handling immigration cases for Malawi, and partly Mozambique, Zambia and Angola. In this regard we are looking for two immigration officers to join our Embassy. Both are 100% positions.
Main duties and responsibility:
- Handling visa and residence applications from South-Africa, Botswana, Madagascar, Malawi, Namibia, Lesotho and Zimbabwe
- Receiving, registering and scanning applications
- Performing ID-and document control
- Case-preparation of visa- and residence cases
- Responding to questions regarding visa- and residence cases and migration related cases
- Interviewing and DNA-testing of applicants
The following qualifications are required:
- Fluent in English and knowledge of other Southern African languages.
- Proficiency in computer software such as Microsoft Office
- Relevant higher education (e.g. university degree). Long and relevant experience may compensate for higher education
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, efficiently and as part of a team
The following qualifications will be an advantage:
- Experience from work with Embassy/Immigration work, or public administration
- Good knowledge of legal framework and social and cultural situation in one or more of the countries the embassy is handling immigration cases from.
- A work permit for South Africa is required.
- Salary will be decided according to qualifications and experience.
- Starting date is 1st August 2019. There is a 6 (six) month probation period
The Embassy can offer a supportive working environment, where staff members work in a dynamic and cooperative spirit across sections.
Please send your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7th April 2019.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.