The EEA and Norway Grants represent Norway’s contribution to reducing social and economic disparities in Europe, and are important mechanisms to strengthen bilateral cooperation between Slovakia and the donor countries Norway, Island and Liechtenstein.
The person will carry out a variety of tasks related to the implementation of the EEA and Norway Grants in Slovakia.
- Contact person for the National Focal Point (NFP), programme operators (PO) and other bodies involved in the implementation of the EEA and Norway Grants in Slovakia.
- Keep a good overview of the EEA and Norway Grants in Slovakia and follow progress in programme implementation
- Promote the EEA and Norway Grants in Slovakia in cooperation with the NFP
- Assist in finding Norwegian partners and in strengthening the bilateral relations between Slovakia and Norway
- Report on issues of interest related to the implementation and management of the grants and the use of funds.
Tasks will include:
- Close cooperation with Slovak and Norwegian authorities and/or other entities involved in the implementation of the Grants, in particular the NFP and the Financial Mechanism Office (FMO) in Brussels
- Follow progress and report on implementation and management of programmes and projects funded under the Grants (participation in meetings, committees, reviews, field visits etc.)
- Facilitate contact and cooperation between Norwegian and Slovak entities, and assist in the search for Norwegian partners
- Arrange events, meetings, visits related to the EEA and Norway Grants
- Manage contact with media, carry out profiling tasks and produce articles for the Embassy’s homepage, Norwegian and FMO online platforms, as well a local media
- Any other task according to the needs of the Embassy
- Degree in relevant academic field (political sciences, economics, law, international and public relations, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of the Slovak society, including a good understanding of Slovak institutions and priorities with regards to social and economic development
- Good analytical and writing skills – in Slovak and in English
- Experience from programme or project management is an advantage, but not a must
- At least three years of work experience in relevant field
- Good ability to work in team as well as individually
- Be flexible, creative, solution-oriented and able to work with tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Norwegian is an advantage
- An interesting position in an area of high priority in Norwegian-Slovak relations
- Well-regulated working conditions and a positive working environment
- A good salary on local employment terms
How to apply:
Applications must include your CV with references, and a cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the job. Applications should be sent by e-mail only, in word or pdf format, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 31 August 2018.
Candidates considered suitable for the position will be invited for interviews.