READ: Travel to Norway – updated 25 September 2021
From 25 September 2021, Singapore is no longer on Norway’s list over purple countries/areas. Singapore is now classified as a grey country.
Entry restrictions will continue to apply for people travelling to Norway from grey countries.
The general rule is that most people who live in grey countries and are not Norwegians, cannot travel to Norway now.
However, there are several exemptions, please read up on these here.
For those that are eligible for travelling from Singapore to Norway, please see below for the main changes in the entry regulations to Norway, implemented 25 September 2021:
- Norway does not require travellers to present a negative COVID-19 test before travelling to Norway. But some transit destinations may have this as a requirement.
- It is still required to take a COVID-19 test upon arrival in Norway (also for children and young people below 18 years) when travelling from Singapore.
- People who are either fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 during the past six months are exempt from COVID-19 test upon arrival and travel quarantine, if they are able to document this by means of a verifiable COVID-19 certificate that is connected to the EUDCC gateway.
- As per 27 September 2021 the Singaporean COVID-19 certificate is unfortunately not yet connected to the EUDCC gateway, and hence not acknowledged by Norway. Only individuals with a Norwegian national identity number or D-number can have their Singaporean COVID-19 vaccination registered in SYSVAK in Norway.
- The 10-day quarantine period can be shortened upon presentation of a negative PCR test taken no sooner than 3 days after arrival. Without such a test, the quarantine period is 10 days.
- The duty to quarantine for children and young people below 18 years is removed, but a PCR test should be taken after 3 days.
- The quarantine must be completed at home or at other suitable accommodation.
- Travellers who are subject to the duty to quarantine and/or the duty to take a test must register their entry to Norway. If the parents are not themselves obligated to register, they must nevertheless complete the form for their children below the age of 16. The receipt from the registration must be presented to the police at the border control. Link to registration page
Read here for more information: Entry restrictions will be gradually lifted - regjeringen.no