The Norwegian Embassy in Bucharest covers Romania, Bulgaria, and Moldova. There is a vacancy at the Embassy for a locally employed officer who will primarily take part in political and economic reporting. Emphasis will be on developments in Bulgaria, but Romania and Moldova will also be covered. Extension of the initial one-year contract may be possible but is not guaranteed.
Requirements and personal skills:
• Master’s in international relations, political science, economics, or comparable studies.
• Strong knowledge of Bulgaria, preferably also of Romania and Moldova.
• Work experience from public sector, civil society, journalism etc. is relevant.
• Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, webpage).
• Excellent written and oral abilities in English.
• Knowledge of the Romanian language.
• Knowledge of the Bulgarian language an advantage.
• Knowledge of the Norwegian language an advantage, but no precondition. Alternatively, would knowledge of Swedish or Danish be an advantage.
• Interest in and ability to analyze and report on political and economic developments.
• Sound judgement.
• Reliable. Able to handle confidential information.
• Able to keep deadlines and work accurately.
• Able to work independently and in teams.
• Networking and cross-cultural skills. Represent the Embassy.
• Flexible and willing to handle a variety of tasks, some irregular working hours, some required travelling.
The above-mentioned tasks can be amended by the Embassy. On-the-job training will be provided by the Embassy.
If further information is needed please contact: Deputy Head of Mission Mr. Eilif Gundersen at email@example.com.
Application including motivational letter, CV, education results and preferably also letters of recommendation should be sent to the Embassy at: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday 25 February 2021.