To be qualified for this position, you should be an experienced handyman, as you will be required to do repairs at the Embassy and the residences of the diplomats. Driver with high level driving skills and extensive knowledge of Metro Manila and nearby areas. You should be enthusiastic about work and contribute to creating a pleasant, very positive working environment.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
• Performing preventive maintenance.
• Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
• Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
• Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
• Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
• Providing timely, safe, and efficient transportation to official functions and meetings
• Assists with airport formalities on arrival/departure of diplomats and dignitaries.
• Collects and delivers items such as invitations, notes, messages, packages and undertake other errands.
• Ensure official vehicles are roadworthy and properly maintained.
• In accordance with guidelines, accurately maintain transport records, including vehicle logbooks, running sheets and petrol usage.
• Undertake other duties or administrative/office tasks as directed, including assisting at larger functions and events hosted by the Embassy.
Head of Mission can change the candidate’s duties and responsibilities when needed.
A. Main Qualifications
1. A University Diploma or TESDA Vocational Course as Electrician/ Handyman
2. Valid Philippine driver’s license. Class 2/B
3. Experience performing routine maintenance.
4. Strong organizational and follow up skills.
5. Eye for detail.
6. Minimum of 2 years work experience as full-time driver or maintenance worker, preferably in an environment related to official functions, in a similar role, or its equivalent position.
7. Relevant training in defensive driving, safety and first aid.
8. God working knowledge of English, to understand instructions and communicate information as required to carry out the duties.
9. Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office).
B. Operational Requirements
1. Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
2. Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
3. Observes road safety and utilizes different routes when driving to/from destinations to maximize time of the passengers.
4. Required to be in good health with vision appropriate to driving (visual aids such as glasses are acceptable).
5. Ability to read and understand road maps, GPS systems and road signs.
6. Willingness to work overtime, often in the evening and occasionally on weekends and public holidays.
7. Keeping confidential all information, which he/she learns while carrying out their duties.
8. Well-developed planning and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities to achieve required outcomes.
9. Ability to work harmoniously with other team members by demonstrating reliability, flexibility, adaptability, initiative, and resourcefulness.
The Embassy can offer a competitive salary, supportive working environment, where staff members work in a cooperative spirit across program areas and sectors, with well-regulated work conditions. Working hours, Monday to Friday 08:00 - 15:30, but with some flexibility. The Embassy has 26 staff members and is located in Bonifacio Global City, Metro Manila, in modern and functional office premises. The role of Handyman/driver at the Embassy may involve some travel/duty trips.
An application in English stating your motivation for applying, with an updated CV and a list of references should be sent to email@example.com with the heading “Handyman and Driver” should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 February 2023. Questions regarding the position, please contact us by email at email@example.com
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Those applicants who do not receive a response within four weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful.