The Norwegian Representative Office has 26 employees, including 9 diplomats.
The main goal of the Norwegian support to Palestine is the establishment of a Palestinian state. Norway plays a prominent role in external support to Palestine as chair of the Ad Hoc Liaison Committee (AHLC). Our development program includes budget support and institutional support to the Palestinian Authority, as well as support to civil society and assistance through multilateral organizations.
The program adviser will work in a team with diplomats and local staff, to manage the office’s portfolio of development projects.
- Aid management, mainly within the fields of gender equality and Women, Peace and Security, human rights and good governance.
- Strategic development analysis, including partner assessments.
- Project assessments, follow up of project activities, including field visits, disbursements, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Other tasks as agreed.
Qualifications and requirements:
- University degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of three years demonstrated experience in project management, preferably in an international agency / mission.
- Excellent knowledge of contemporary and emerging human rights issues in Palestine.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to build and maintain a strong professional network of relevant stakeholders, including women and youth.
- Good written, oral and communication skills in English and Arabic
- Good computer skills and professional use of social media are important assets.
The program adviser will work closely with Palestinian NGOs and relevant public institutions, as well as with the UN system and other bilateral donors.
Candidates who meet the above requirements are kindly requested to forward a copy of their CV`s with a cover letter by e-mail to: email@example.com no later than 24 April 2023.
- Applications that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.