Before you apply
- You should apply well in advance and as a rule no later than 15 days before you plan to travel. Due to the courier sending of documents in some countries, we recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to your planned departure.
- You may submit your application up to six months before your planned departure, or up to nine months for seafarers.
- We recommend that you do not buy your ticket until a visa has been granted.
- You must register your application online before you can hand in the required documentation.
- When you hand in your application, you will be asked to provide fingerprints, unless your fingerprints have been collected within the last 59 months.
In order to apply for a visa from Pakistan you must either be a citizen of Pakistan or Afghanistan, or legally reside here.
In Pakistan applicants for visas submit their applications at visa application centers run by an external service provider, VFS Global (Gerry's). Please note that during busy times it may take several weeks to get an appointment to hand in your visa application. We strongly disadvise to pay intermediaries or agents claiming to provide visa appointments.
VFS Global will send the visa application by courier mail to the Norwegian Embassy in Abu Dhabi which is responsible for the further processing.