The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Abuja has five diplomats and eight local employees. The PA to the ambassador is retiring and the embassy is seeking her replacement.
Norway has strong political ties with Nigeria, comprehensive business relations and administer a development programme as well as humanitarian assistance to Nigeria. The Embassy is also accredited to Cameroon, Benin and Togo.
We are currently looking for a well-organised and flexible individual with strong inter-personal skills for the position of PA to the ambassador. The PA will be part of the Embassy’s Administrative Team. The main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Arrange and prepare meetings for the ambassador
- Organize and convene other engagements for the ambassador and other embassy staff
- Make travel arrangements
- Liaise and maintain good relations with Government agencies, other Embassies and the UN system
- Event organizer
- Help prepare and organize official and social functions
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good inter-personal skills and good networking abilities in the domestic and diplomatic community
- Ability to closely follow-up all on all engagements and report on any deviations
- The ability to work independently and meet deadlines under demanding conditions.
- Readiness to take on new tasks and areas of responsibility, if and when required.
- The daily work at the Embassy can be hectic and requires at high degree of flexibility and readiness towards tasks also outside the direct responsibility.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team consisting of both Nigerian and Norwegian staff.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English (abilities in French an advantage). Good writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Computer literacy and interest in new IT technology including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
Education and Experiences
- University degree in relevant disciplines for the position.
- Experience from similar positions. Experience from an embassy is an advantage.
- Experience from work with national authorities, multilateral organizational and CSOs is an advantage.
Salary Salary according to experience and qualifications.
Terms of Employment
Permanent position. Candidates who meet the stated requirements may forward their application consisting of a short motivational statement of up to 300 words describing why you want this job and their CV by Monday 30th December 2019 by e-mail to [email protected]
Please write the following in the subject file: “Application –PA to ambassador”. Short-listed applicants will be invited to an interview, and a possible written examination. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
The result of the application process will be announced at the Embassy’s website approximately three weeks after the application deadline.
Application deadline: Monday 30th December 2019