ROYAL NORWEGIAN EMBASSY ABUJA
POSITION: Programme Officer (Political/Economic reporting)
POSITION TYPE: Temporary - full-time contract
SALARY: From NGN 300.000 per month according to qualifications
Main purpose of job:
The main task of the programme officer is to write regular reports and summaries to the management, after having found, selected and assessed current information on political, economic and social affairs in Nigeria and the West African region. In addition, the programme officer may be requested to assist the embassy as and when requested, which may include participation in external meetings, assessment of reports and/or accounts, the drafting of travel or meeting programmes, management of development aid programme etc.
The Head of Mission may at any time assign other duties to the programme officer.
A Master’s degree in Political Science, Economics, International Relations, Sociology or similar is required, as well as a proven ability to write reports. An excellent command of both written and spoken English is necessary, and knowledge of other languages is an asset. It is a requirement that the candidate has previous experience as a programme officer or an advisor, preferably in an Embassy, international organisation or similar.
Proven ability to use computers and software packages (notably MS Word, Excel etc.) is required.
Good communication skills (written and verbal) efficiency, service-mindedness, flexibility and a friendly attitude, as well as the ability to work in a team are qualities that will be appreciated.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Nigeria, with the correct visa/status or work permit as in case of non-Nigerian applicants.
- Staff members recruited locally by the Royal Norwegian Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to Nigerian employment law.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted for shortlisted candidates.
Applicants should submit
- An application letter (1 page maximum) stating why you consider yourself a suitable candidate for the position, giving brief examples of how you have applied the above competencies in a previous role.
- A copy of your CV.
- Give names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of 2-3 references, preferably immediate supervisors in present and/or previous jobs.
Send by email to: email@example.com
Candidates that are shortlisted and called for an interview would be required to bring certified copies of educational certificates/diplomas and testimonials of work experience.
All candidates: Please quote in the subject line of email. “Application for position of programme officer”.
Contact persons in the embassy are Ambassador Jens-Petter Kjemprud or Deputy Head of Mission, Ms. Ingrid Skjølaas.
Only electronic applications will be accepted.
Closing date: 29th March, 2019