ROYAL NORWEGIAN EMBASSY ABUJA
POSITION: Driver/administrative Assistant
POSITION TYPE: One permanent and one temporary – full time positions
SALARY: From NGN 200,000.00 per month
Main purpose of job:
The main role of the driver/administrative assistant is driving mission staff to meetings, delivering and picking up letters etc. during office hours. It also includes driving outside of office hours when the need arises. The part of the job that is as “administrative assistant” includes assisting Embassy staff in the office, with photocopying, shredding etc. and maintenance of the scanning and copying area. Other duties will consist of dispatching Embassy mails, collect Embassy mails, collect documents, and arrange for approval from MFA, Customs and Excise department and payment of Embassy bills. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring the safe disposal of waste generated by the office, supervising drinking water supply and other duty as directed. The Head of Mission may at any time assign duties to the driver/administrative assistant.
Preferably completed secondary school or equivalent. A valid driver’s license and a minimum of four years’ experience as a driver is required. Proven knowledge of car mechanics is highly desirable. Previous experience of working in an Embassy or international organization is an advantage. Experience from working, as an administrative assistant in an office and computer literacy are also assets. Good command of written and spoken English is necessary.
Good communication skills (written and verbal) efficiency, service-mindedness, flexibility and a friendly attitude, as well as the ability to work in a team are qualities that will be appreciated. The candidate must be honest and reliable.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Nigeria, with the correct visa/status or work permit as in case on non-Nigerian applicants.
- Staff members recruited locally by Royal Norwegian Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to Nigerian employment law.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted for shortlisted candidates.
Applicants should submit
- An application letter (1 page maximum) stating why you consider yourself a suitable candidate for the position, giving brief examples of how you have applied the above competencies in a previous role.
- A copy of your CV
- Give names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of references, preferably immediate supervisors in present and/or previous jobs.
Send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For candidates that are shortlisted and called for an interview, we would require that you bring copies of education certificates/diplomas and testimonials of work experience with you.
All candidates: Please quote in the subject line of email. “Application for position of driver/administrative assistant”.
Contact person in the Embassy is Mr. Joe Arthur, phone no. 08127229187
Only electronic applications will be accepted.
Closing date: 20th February, 2018