The Norwegian Embassy in The Hague covers the Netherlands and Luxembourg as well as the international organizations based in The Hague, with particular focus on the OPCW and the ICC. The embassy is one of six Schengen immigration hubs. The Embassy is a busy and active mission with 18 staff members, including a Defence Attaché, the Norwegian Liaison to Eurojust and the Norwegian Liaison to Europol.
The Embassy is seeking a political officer (local employee).
The main tasks are:
- Contribute to the Embassy’s political reporting, including answering instructions
- Monitoring, analysis and assessment of Dutch and to some degree Luxembourg's politics and economy through collecting and summarizing information
- Networking with various authorities and institutions as well as other missions
- Communication work and assist in operating the Embassy’s social media accounts
- Organisation of visits/meetings
As our new colleague, you possess the following qualifications:
- Higher education in political sciences (preferably Master’s degree)
- Good insight in the Dutch and Norwegian political system, structure and processes
- Experience in political analysis and report writing, including meeting minutes, own analytical work etc.
- Excellent written and spoken Norwegian and English
- Sufficient Dutch to read texts and make them available in Norwegian
- Excellent IT knowledge (Office and Windows) as well social media skills
- Administrative tidiness
And the following qualities:
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to be efficient and deliver tasks in time
- Sound political judgement and analytical skills
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships and networks
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Coping with a dynamic work environment
- Positive contributor to the working environment
- Good opportunities for personal and professional development
- Diverse and motivating tasks
- A dynamic, challenging and very good working environment
- Salary according to qualifications
- Start-up date: 1 January 2021
- The position is full time (100%) with the possibility of permanent employment
- Work contract based on Dutch labour and employment rule
Interested candidates should submit their applications before 20 November 2020 by email to email@example.com. The subject line should read "Application Political Officer". If you have questions about the position, please contact Minister Counsellor Ine Måreng (Tel.: 0657853655).
Please include the following in your submission (one single document):
- Cover letter with motivation, expression of interest in the available position and outlining why you are the best candidate for the job
- Transcript of grades - confirmed
- List of references (preferably employers), please include both email and phone numbers
- Curriculum vitae
Please do not send additional information.
Shortlisted candidates might be requested to provide further documentation prior to the interviews (such as copies of transcripts, documentation of proficiencies, reference letters, etc.) and conduct a language/report task.