This is a restriction on all non-essential travel of persons from third countries to Europe (all EU member states, all Schengen members and the UK) in order to prevent the spread of the COVID19 virus.
The travel restriction does not apply to the following categories of persons:
- EU citizens (including UK nationals) and members of their families;
- Nationals of Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and their family members;
- Third-country nationals holding a residence card or a residence permit in accordance with Directive 2003/109/EC (LTR Directive);
- Third-country nationals who derive their right of residence from other European Directives or from the national law of a Member State;
- Holders of a long-stay visa, including persons with a temporary residence permit (MVV);
- Other persons with an essential function or need, including: Personnel working in Health Care; Border workers; Persons employed in the transportation of goods, where necessary; Diplomats; Military personnel; Personnel of international and humanitarian organizations; Persons who have compelling reasons to visit their families; Transit passengers who wish to travel via the Netherlands to another third country; Persons in need of international protection; the border procedure applies in full; Persons who are admitted for humanitarian reasons.
Read more here: https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2020/03/18/q-and-a-for-entry-into-the-netherlands-travel-ban