Group of friends for Sustainable Energy meeting 13 May 2020.
This meeting will include a presentation of the Climate Investment Platform, a joint initiative by UNDP, SEforALL and IRENA, in coordination with the GCF, that was launched at the Climate Action Summit in 2019. The Platform aims to respond to the challenges that many developing countries face in accessing finance to reach their energy goals.
There will be an opportunity to discuss how donor and recipient countries can engage with the Platform to maximize its value to both seekers and suppliers of climate finance.
Zoom meeting ID: 831 6634 2088.
RSVP to email@example.com to get the password. Please RSVP by Tuesday 12 April 2020.
- H.E Mr. Martin Bille Hermann, Permanent Representative of Denmark
- H.E Mr. Taye Atskeselassie Amde, Permanent Representative of Ethiopia
- H.E Mr. Munir Akram, Permanent Representative of Pakistan
- H.E Mr. Odd Inge Kvalheim, Deputy Permanent Representative of Norway
Presentation of the Climate Investment Platform
- Mr. Francesco La Camera, Director General of IRENA
- Ms. Damilola Ogunbiyi, SRSG and CEO of SEForAll (TBC)
- Mr. Pradeep Kurukulasuriya, Executive Coordinator & Director- Global Environmental
Finance & Head, Natural Capital and the Environment, Climate Change and Energy, UNDP
Presentation of the Coalition of Sustainable Energy Access
- Mr. Mustapha Bakkoury, CEO of MASEN
Discussion and Q&A