Tuesday 12 March 10 AM - 11:15 AM in Conference Room 12, UNHQ.
Women human rights defenderds dedicate their lives to challenging inequalities and violations that can lead to and occur during conflict. At this event, women human rights defenders from three conflict and post-conflict contexts will make the case that sustaining peace is not possible without those that defend rights.
The Permanent Missions of Cote d'Ivoire, Norway, Peru and the UK, together with civil society organisations ISHR and Amnesty International invite you to the event on
Can there be peace and security without women human rights defenders?
When: Tuesday 12 March 10 AM - 11:15 AM.
Where: Conference Room 12, UNHQ.
- Dag-Inge Ulstein, Minister of International Development, Norway
- Ambassador Gustavo Meza-Cuadra, Permanent Representative of Peru to the UN
- Diana María Salcedo Lopez, LIMPAL, Colombia.
- Gistam Sakaeva, Doveriye Trust, Chechnya.
- Safa Al Ahmad, journalist and filmmaker, on Yemen.
- Ivana Radačič, Chair of the Working Group on Discrimination in Law and Practice
- Ambassador Karen Pierce, Permanent Representative of the UK to the UN
- Her Royal Highness Countess of Wessex
Read the concept note here.
Light refreshments will be provided.
You will need a UN or CSW pass to attend.