Tuesday 5 November 2019 at 10:00 - 11:30 AM, in ECOSOC Chamber, UNHQ.
2019 United Nations Female Police Officer of the Year Award
- Under-Secretary-General Jean-Pierre Lacroix, United Nations Department of Peace Operations
- Ambassador H.E. Mona Juul, Permanent Representative of the Kingdom of Norway
- Ambassador H.E. Cheikh Niang, Permanent Representative of Senegal
- United Nations Police Adviser Luís Carrilho
- Major Seynabou Diouf, Awardee
- Dr. Juliet Colman, Director and founder of Security Women, facilitator
About the awardee
Major Seynabou Diouf, of Senegal, currently serves as the Team Leader of the Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) Task Force and president of the UNPOL Women’s Network in the United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO). Her previous UN experience includes the United Nations-African Union Mission in Darfur (UNAMID) and the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA), where she also addressed SEA and welfare issues. Her domestic experience spans 33 years with the Senegal National Police and includes various assignments with vulnerable persons, immigration, and airport safety and security.
About the award
The award, created in 2011, is presented to a currently serving female police officer in a United Nations peace operation who distinguishes herself through exemplary conduct and achievements in more than one area of policing that has a significant and meaningful impact on her area of responsibility. It further aims to highlight the contributions of female police officers in United Nations peace operations and encourage Member States to deploy more female police officers for United Nations service.
Please RSVP via this link by Thursday, 31 October 2019. A reception will be held following the ceremony.
Access to the ECOSOC chamber
- Permanent Mission representatives: Second Floor entrance
- United Nations staff: Third Floor entrance
- Civil society representatives: A special events pass will be distributed at the UN Visitors’ gate on 5 November from 9am to 9.30am.
For inquiries, please contact Ms. Lea Angela Biason at firstname.lastname@example.org +1 (212) 963 0738.