The Permanent Mission represents Norway at the United Nations in New York and is located within walking distance of the UN Headquarters in Manhattan. We share offices with the Norwegian Consulate General. The Mission has about 25 employees working with matters such as development, peace and security, human rights, including women's rights, gender equality and LGBTI rights, humanitarian and international law, elections, education, health and climate. Norway is a candidate for an elected seat at the UN Security Council for 2021-2022.
Apply here. Application deadline: 31 May 2019.
The Permanent Mission of Norway to the United Nations in New York is currently looking for an administrative officer starting 5 August 2019. The job will be divided between working for the Police Adviser as part of the Peace and Security team and other administrative tasks for the Mission. The job is a temporary position for a period of 14 months.
Main duties involve a diverse array of administrative tasks, including:
- Contact and correspondence with the United Nations regarding Norway’s police and justice deployments in peacekeeping operations.
- Assist the Police Adviser with tasks upon assignment, such as participate in relevant meetings, drafting speaking points and other reporting.
- Administrative tasks include, but not limited to, facilitate visits, speakers list registration, official correspondence with the UN and register official delegations.
The employer reserves the right to change the job content as needed.
- Higher level of general education, college degree or higher and relevant work experience.
- International experience and background from multilateral work.
- Knowledge of the United Nations is preferred.
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of Norwegian language is preferred.
- Good knowledge of the use of IT tools (MS Office).
- Sense of order, accuracy and punctuality.
- Ability to cope under high work pressure.
- Ability to solve problems and challenges at hand.
- Good service, communication and collaborative skills.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or hold a Green Card or G1 visa.
We offer independent tasks in a pleasant, interesting and hectic environment. Wages in accordance with agreement, in addition to health insurance and pension plan.
Please send your CV and cover letter as one single file by 31 May, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions contact Consul email@example.com or Police Adviser firstname.lastname@example.org.