The Permanent Mission represents Norway at the United Nations in New York and is located within walking distance of the UN building in Manhattan. We share offices with the Norwegian Consulate General. The Mission has about 25 employees working with matters such as development, peace and security, human rights, including women's rights and gender equality, humanitarian and international law issues, elections, education, health and climate. Norway is a candidate for a non-permanent seat at the UN Security Council for 2021-22.
Apply here. Application deadline: 12 December 2018.
The Permanent Mission of Norway to the United Nations in New York is currently looking for an administrative officer starting February 2019. The job is temporary for a period seven months with the possibility of turning into a permanent position.
Main duties involve diverse array of administrative tasks, including:
- Protocol matters
- Contact and correspondence with UN and other officials
- Organizing meetings, both internal and external
- Facilitate VIP and other visits
- Attending meetings at the UN with the potential of handling your own portfolio
The employer reserves the right to change the job content as needed.
- Higher level of general education, College Degree or higher and relevant work experience
- International experience and background from multilateral work
- Knowledge of the United Nations is preferred
- Very good English skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Norwegian language is preferred
- Good knowledge of the use of IT (MS Office)
- Sense of order, accuracy and punctuality
- Ability to cope under high work pressure
- Ability to solve problems and challenges at hand
- Good service, communication and collaborative skills
We offer independent tasks in a pleasant, interesting and hectic environment. Wages in accordance with agreement, in addition to health insurance and pension plan. Applicants must have a work and residence permit in the United States, a valid American passport, a US work permit or a G-visa.
For any questions contact Viggo Jørgensen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 12 December 2018.