The Sámi languages have a complex grammatical structure and do not have access to huge text collections. This situtation is shared with most Indigenous languages. Still, Divvun and Giellatekno have built all tools above for most of the Sámi languages.
Join us at the side event at UNPFII 18 on
'Is it possible to create technical tools for Indigenous languages?'
Where: Conference Room 6, UNHQ.
When: Wednesday 24 April, 2019 at 6:30 PM.
- 6:30 Opening by the President of the Norwegian Sámi Parliament Aili Keskitalo
- 6:35 The Involvement from the Norwegian Government, Anne Karin Olli
- 6:40 Language Technology for Indigenous Languages, UiT, The Arctic University of Norway
- 7:15 Language Technology – the Canadian Perspective, University of Alberta
- 7:25 Greetings from the IYIL2019 Steering Committee
- 7:30 Questions, discussions, demos and hands-on
Read the concept note here.
See invitation here.