The Permanent Missions of Palau, St. Lucia, Fiji and Norway to the United Nations and the University of Bergen would like to welcome your presence at this side event.
There will be a panel discussion which aims to show how science advice can contribute towards policy implementation of the 2030 Agenda. By combining the specific challenges of SDG13 (Climate Action) with the cross-cutting partnership ambitions of SDG17 (Partnerships for the Goals), the speakers will explore and exemplify multiple ways in which scientific knowledge and multilateral diplomacy are brought into close interaction for the SDGs.
Welcome and introductory remarks
- H.E. Ambassador Mona Juul, Permanent Representative of Norway to the United Nations
Moderator: Professor Edvard Hviding, Director, SDG Bergen Science Advice, University of Bergen
- H.E. Ambassador Satyendra Prasad, Permanent Representative of Fiji to the United Nations
- H.E. Ambassador Cosmos Richardson, Permanent Representative of St. Lucia to the United Nations
- H.E. Ambassador Ngedikes Olai Uludong, Permanent Representative of Palau to the United Nations (TBC)
- Professor Tore Furevik, Director, Bjerknes Centre for Climate Change Research, University of Bergen
- Professor Sidsel Roalkvam, Director, Centre for Environment and Development, University of Oslo
- Dr. Shantanu Mukherjee, Chief, Policy & Analysis Branch, Division for Sustainable Development, UN DESA
Light food will be served. Welcome!