Monday 9 March 2020 at 3:00 pm - 4:15 pm in Conference Room 2, UNHQ.
The agency of young people is crucial in shaping a new gender agenda. The climate
crisis, online harassment and outright backlash against women’s rights are some of
the acute challenges.
This panel will showcase that a common political platform is possible. Young Nordic
activists and ministers will outline what action is required to seal the deal on gender equality by 2030.
When: Monday 9 March, 15:00–16:15
Where: Conference Room 2, UNHQ
MEET THE PANEL:
- Moderator: Dr. Joannie Bewa, Global Youth and Gender Champion
- Thomas Blomqvist, Minister for Equality, Finland
- Emma Holten, Feminin Activist, Denmark
- Mogens Jensen, Minister for Equal Opportunities, Denmark
- Åsa Lindhagen, Minister for Gender Equality, Sweden
- Ajak Majok, Intersectional Activist, Finland
- Abid Raja, Minister of Equality, Norway
- Áslaug Arna Sigurbjörnsdóttir, Minister of Justice, Iceland