Monday 15 April at 6:30 PM to 8 PM in Conference Room 5, UNHQ.
Climatet Change is running faster than we are. We need much more ambition and urgency, and finance is key. Developed countries need to meet their pledge to mobilse USD 100 bilion per year for mitigation and adaptation in developing countries.
The Green Climate Fund has a significant role to play.
The high-level side event will provide an update on the Fund's performance in supporting the implementation of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), followed by a panel discussion and interactive question and answer session.
Speakers and Panelists:
- Mr. Yannick Glemarec - Excecutive Directer, Green Climate Fund
- H.E. Ambassador Luis Alfonso de Alba - UN Secretary-General's Special Envoy for the 2019 Climate Action Summit
- Mr. Achim Steiner, Administrator, UN Development Programme
- H.E. Mr. Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiym, Attorney-General and Minister for Economy, Public Enterprises, Civil Service and Communication, Republic of Fiji
- The Honourable Dr. Nigel Clarke, Minister of Finance and Public Service, Jamaica
- Mr. Aksel Jakobsen, State Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Norway
- Ms. Jennifer Morris, President, Conservation International
- Mr. Amar Hanibal, President, Business Banking, XacBank, Mongolia
- Mr. Mohan Vivekanandan, Group Executive: Client Coverage, Development Bank of Southern Africa
- Mr. Richard Davis, Partner and Chief Operating Officer, Pegasus
For further information, contact GCF's Deputy Director for External Affairs Babita Bisht in New York, +82 10 7458 6447, email@example.com.