Tuesday 12 March at 3 - 4:15 PM in the ECOSOC Chamber, UNHQ.
Gender equality starts at home. Sharing unpaid care work is a game-changer for both women and men. In the Nordics, decades of political efforts have put in place affordable and quality childcare, paid parental leave and elderly care. The result – more women in the labour market, more dads at home. This is your invitation to a discussion on
How investments in gender equality foster employment, family wellbeing and growth.
Host: Ms. Katrín Jakobsdóttir, Prime Minister of Iceland.
Moderator: Ms. Femi Oke, international journalist and writer.
When: Tuesday 12 March, 3:00-4:15 PM.
Where: ECOSOC Chamber, UNHQ.
• Ms. Katrín Jakobsdóttir, Prime Minister, Iceland
• Ms. Åsa Lindhagen, Minister for Gender Equality, Sweden
• Ms. Eva Kjer Hansen, Minister for Equal Opportunities, Denmark
• Ms. Päivi Sillanaukee, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Finland
• Ms. Eyðgunn Samuelsen, Minister of Gender Equality, Faroe Islands
• Ms. Trine Skei Grande, Minister of Culture and Equality, Norway
Read more about the event here.