Thursday 24 October 2019 at 1:15 to 2:30 PM, in Conference Room 6, UNHQ.
The Special Rapporteur for the Human Rights of Internally Displaced Persons has focused her thematic report to the 74th session of the UN General Assembly on highlighting practical experiences and lessons learned to ensure protection of the rights of internally displaced children.
The side event aims to exchange experiences, challenges, good practices and lessons learned from the perspectives of different stakeholders involved in protecting the rights of internally displaced children, with specific focus on conflict and violence as causes of displacement.
- Ms Cecilia Jimenez Damary, UN Special Rapporteur on the human rights of IDPs
- Ms Virginia Gamba, Special Representative of the UN Secretary General for Children Armed Conflict
- Ambassador Odd Inge Kvalheim, Deputy Permanent Representative of Norway
- H E Mr Issa Konfourou, Ambassador Permanent Representative of Mali
- Mr Ismael Gamboa Ocampo, Colombian IDP youth and member of UNHCR’s Global Youth Advisory Council
- Mr Manuel Fontaine, Director of Emergency Programmes, UNICEF