Thursday 14 March at 1 PM - 2:15 PM at 245 E 47Th St, New York.
This roundtable discussion aims to bring together current partners of the JONAP pooled funding mechanism at the level of Deputy Permanent Representatives based in New York, in order to present the JONAP as well as Jordan’s experience in advancing the Women, Peace and Security agenda in a resilience-based operating context. International partners and stakeholders will reflect on key opportunities moving forward with the JONAP implementation.
- 1 PM - 1:10 PM Welcome by H.E. María Bassols, Deputy Permanent Representative of Spain to the United Nations
- 1:10 PM - 1:15 PM Opening remarks by H.E. Dr. Sima Sami Bahous, Permanent Representative of Jordan to the United Nations
- 1:15 PM - 1:20 PM Remarks by Ms. Paivi Kannisto - UN Women Chief of Peace and Security
- 1:20 PM - 1:40 PM Presentation of the Jordan National Action Plan on UNSCR 1325 on Women, Peace and Security by Dr. Salma Nims, Secretary General, Jordanian National Commission for Women, and Mr. Ziad Sheikh, UN Women Jordan Representative
- 1:40 PM - 2:10 PM - H.E. Mr. Kai Sauer, Permanent Representative of Finland to the United Nations, H.E. Ms. Mari Skåre, Deputy Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of Norway to the United Nations, and, H.E. Mr. Stephen Hickey, Charge D'Affaires, UK Mission to the United Nations
- 2:10 PM - 2:15 PM Closing remarks by Mr. Michael Callan, Director for Conflict Prevention, Stabilisation & Peacebuilding, Government of Canada