Wednesday 20 September, 09:00 – 10:15 AM in ECOSOC, UNHQ.
When: Wednesday 20 September, at 09:00-10:15 AM.
Where: ECOSOC Chamber at UN Headquarters
Register here before 17 September.
Norwegian Prime Minister Ms Erna Solberg is pleased to invite you to participate in a high-level side event in the margins of the UN General Assembly.
The side event is being co-sponsored by the President of the Republic of Palau, HE Mr Tommy Esang Remengesau. The aim of the event is to promote action and international partnerships that will strengthen the conservation and sustainable use of our oceans and marine resources.
By sharing experience and knowledge, it will be easier to find sustainable solutions to today’s challenges. How can we ensure closer coordination between the various ocean initiatives and actors in the time ahead?
The event will be organised as a panel discussion. Moderator is Mr Andrew Revkin.
- Prime Minister of Norway, HE Ms Erna Solberg
- President of the Republic of Palau, HE Mr Tommy Esang Remengesau
- Keynote speech by President of Chile, HE Ms Michelle Bachelet
- Prime Minister of Portugal, HE Mr António Costa
- President of the Republic of Ghana, HE Mr Nana Akufo-Addo (tbc)
- Prime Minister of the Republic of Fiji, HE Mr Frank Bainimarama (tbc)
- Vice President of Indonesia, HE Mr Jusuf Kalla
- UN Deputy Secretary General HE Ms Amina Mohammed
- Chairperson of the African Union Commission, HE Mr Moussa Faki Mahamat (tbc)
- Secretary-General of the Caribbean Community, HE Mr Irwin LaRocque
- Director General of the Pacific Islands Forum Fisheries Agency, HE Mr James Movick
- Executive Director UN Environment, HE Mr Erik Solheim
- CEO Kongsberg Digital and Executive Vice President Kongsberg Group, Ms Hege Skryseth
- Director of Public Affairs Taylor Shellfish Farms, Mr Bill Dewey
The event will be attended by representatives from the Group of SDG Advocates.
Ms Solberg is co-chair of the group of SDG Advocates, which works to promote awareness, ownership and results in the global SDG campaign.
All participants must RSVP by September 17 in order to get an event pass
for the meeting.