Wednesday 25 October 2017 at 1:15 - 2:30 PM in Conference Room E, UNHQ.
In his new report to the UN General Assembly, the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights defenders, Michel Forst, highlights that the work to defend human rights over ‘profits, privilege and prejudice’ can be dangerous and even deadly. States, business and investors must all contribute to a safe environment for human rights defenders.
This side event will allow the audience to hear from a range of stakeholders, engage with the topic and the recommendations of the Special Rapporteur, and discuss steps towards their implementation.
- Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders
- May-Elin Stener, Deputy Permanent Representative of Norway to the UN in New York
- Tawanda Mutasah, Amnesty International
- Bopha Phorn, former Editor-At-Large, Cambodia Daily, Cambodia
- Juan Auz, Terra Mater, Ecuador
- Anna Pot, APG Asset Management
A light lunch will be served from 12:40 to 1:10 PM by the Vienna Cafe. If you require a UN special pass to attend the event, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on 20 October.