Thursday 16 March 10 – 11:15 AM at Express Bar, 3rd Floor, UN Headquarters.
The Permanent Missions of the United Arab Emirates and Norway to the United Nations, in partnership with Every Woman Every Child, are convening the fourth panel in the Every Woman Every Child Everywhere panel series, on the margins of the sixty-first session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW61).
The panel will consider:
- Barriers to integration of food security, nutrition, health services and education in humanitarian situations and emergencies;
- Gender issues related to education and health in emergencies – challenges and successful approaches; and
- Innovative approaches to secure access to service delivery, including cross-sectoral approaches and bringing in new partners.
The concept note is attached here (.pdf).
10:00 a.m. Honorary Welcome Remarks
- Ms. Kyung-wha Kang, United Nations Senior Advisor on Policy
10:10 a.m. – Opening Remarks
- H.E. Ms. Laila Bokhari, State Secretary/Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Norway
- H.E. Dr. Mouza Hassan Al Shehhi, Representative for the Women’s Empowerment File, General Women’s Union, United Arab Emirates
10:20 a.m. – Intervention
- Ms. Sana Mustafa, former Syrian refugee and advocate for the importance of education services in refugee situations
10:25 a.m. – Panel Discussion
- Moderated by H.R.H. Princess Sarah Zeid, Co-Chair, Every Woman Every Child Everywhere
- Dr. Flavia Bustreo, Assistant Director-General for Family, Women’s and Children’s Health, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Ms. Jo Bourne, Associate Director and Global Chief of Education, United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- Ms. Debra Jones, Director and UN Representative, Save the Children International
- Ms. Nora Fyles, Head of the UN Girls’ Education Initiative (UNGEI)
11:00 a.m. – Question & Answer Session
When: 16 March 2016, 10:00 – 11:15 a.m.
Where: Express Bar, UN Headquarters, 3rd Floor
Kindly RSVP within 10 March, by following this link.
For any further inquiries, please contact Ms. Silje Eggestad: email@example.com, +1 646-430-7570/+1 917-209-7776.