Gather the necessary documentation
The checklist gives an overview of the documents you need to hand in to start the application process.
Please choose the check list most relevant for the purpose of your visit:
- Diplomatic or service passport holders
- Visiting or travelling with a core family member who is an EU/EEA national
- Visiting Family/Friends/Boyfriend/Girlfriend
Please do not staple the documents together.
Invitation for for visit of family or friends
- The invitation letter should come from the main person that you are going to visit. For example; biological family member, spouse/fiancée, boyfriend/girlfriend. For more information about invitation letters, click here.
- If you are related to the person you wish to visit, please provide proof of relationship such as birth certificate, marriage certificate etc.
- If you are visiting family or friends, the person you will be visiting can provide a financial guarantee if you do not have enough money to finance your travel and stay yourself. Read more about financial guarantee here.
- The Schengen states have different forms for providing proof of sponsorship, you can find the different forms here. Note that Norway, Germany and France require the forms in original. If the inviting person provides a guarantee form, he/she is not required to provide bank statements or pay slips.
- Finland and Iceland do not require guarantee forms, therefore the inviting person has to document their financial situation by providing a bank statement or pay slips from the last three months.
Power of attorney
- If you want someone to act on your behalf in connection with your application, you must authorise this person to do so. You can give someone power of attorney by signing this form. For more information about authorisation, click here.
- All documents which are listed in the checklists will be electronically scanned. It is therefore very important that all original documents must be submitted with a perfect copy in A4 format. Please do not staple any documents together as this will delay the scanning process.
- Please keep in mind that lack of any documents in the application may lead to longer processing time and in some cases a rejection of the application.