Before you apply
- You should apply well in advance and as a rule no later than 15 days before you plan to travel. Due to the courier sending of documents in some countries, we recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to your planned departure.
- You may submit your application up to six months before your planned departure, or up to nine months for seafarers.
- We recommend that you do not buy your ticket until a visa has been granted.
- You must register your application online before you can hand in the required documentation.
- When you hand in your application, you will be asked to provide fingerprints, unless your fingerprints have been collected within the last 59 months.
In order to apply for a visitor's visa from Malawi you must either be a citizen of Malawi or legally reside here. If you are not a resident of Malawi, a justification for lodging the application here must be provided in writing.
In Malawi applicants for visa or residence permits submit their application at a Visa Application Center run by the external service provider VFS Global.
NB: Groups: If two or more people of the same nationality are travelling together, for any kind of purpose, they should register as a group application, not individual application. This will guarantee that the applications will be handled in time. If groups are larger than 15 people, they should be divided into smaller subgroups.