A visitor's visa allows you to stay in Norway or other countries in the Schengen area for up to 90 days over a period of 180 days.
Citizens of Malawi must apply for a visitor’s visa. The Norwegian Embassy in Pretoria, South Africa, is responsible for processing applications from Malawi.
For nationals of other countries:
- Nationals of EU/EEA countries and of countries that have a visa exemption agreement with Norway do not need a visa to visit Norway.
- Nationals of all other countries need a visitor’s visa.
- Malawian diplomatic passport holders travelling to Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg do not need a visitor’s visa. However, if you are visiting or transiting through another Schengen country, a Schengen visa is required.
- Malawian service passport holders travelling to the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg do not need a visitor’s visa. However, if you are visiting or transiting through another Schengen country, a Schengen visa is required.
- Norway has an agreement with Azerbaijan, Russia and Ukraine which states that citizens of these countries should have a simplified procedure for visitor’s visa applications. You can read more about the benefits here.
Norway is representing 17 out of the 26 countries in the Schengen area. This means that the Embassy in Pretoria is authorized to issue short stay Schengen visas on behalf of the following countries: