The Norwegian Embassy in Lilongwe is responsible for official and diplomatic relations between Norway and Malawi, as well as being responsible for the bilateral development cooperation between the two countries.
The Embassy is seeking a Programme and Administrative Officer. The position holder will be reporting to both the Head of Administration (administrative tasks) and Deputy Head of Mission (development cooperation tasks).
- Property Maintenance Manager.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned by the Head of Administration.
- Development Cooperation tasks as assigned by the Depty Head of Mission. This will include both independent assignments as well as support functions for the Embassy’s programme officers (development cooperation projects).
- Contribute to the Embassy’s political and administrative reporting.
- Coordinating the Embassy’s Social Media platforms in direct contact with the the Ambassador and Deputy Head of Mission.
- The Ambassador may assign the position holder other relevant work.
- University Degree
- Knowledge of and practical experience from monitoring development cooperation and political developments in Malawi.
- Ability to closely follow Malawian developments in his/her assigned areas of work and informing Embassy staff on new developments.
- Analytical skills in assessing policies, strategies, programmes, documents and reports, as well as the ability to present concise and informative summaries.
- Property management experience is essential.
- Must already be resident (temporary or permanent) in Malawi and have a valid work permit if non-Malawian national.
- Fluency in English and in one Scandinavian language.
- Excellent IT knowledge (Office and Windows) as well as a proven track record in social media skills is essential.
- Administrative tidiness.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to be efficient and deliver tasks in time.
- Positive contributor to the working environment.
Questions about the position: email@example.com
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 21. February 2021