You choose the Norwegian Embassy in the Schengen area that it is the easiest for you to travel to. You can choose between the following Embassies:
The procedure for submitting an application for a visa or a residence permit is as follows:
- You must register the application and pay the fee in the electronic Application Portal of the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI).
- In the Application Portal you choose at which Embassy to submit the application.
- Here you can also book an appointment to submit your documents at the Embassy.
- When the application is registered, you must print out the document checklist and make sure to gather all the required documents listed.
- The application is considered as submitted when you have met in person at the Embassy and handed in all the required documents, and the Embassy if necessary has collected your fingerprints and conducted an interview.
Questions about visa and residence permits
If you have any questions regarding applications for visa and residence permits, please contact one of the nine above-mentioned Embassies.
If you do not have permission to travel within Schengen
If you do not have permission allowing you to travel within the Schengen area, but just have a permit valid for the Schengen country you are in, you must travel to your country of origin and apply for a visa or a residence permit at the closest Norwegian foreign mission.
If you have a residence permit in the country you are residing in due to protection (asylum) or strong humanitarian reasons and therefore cannot travel freely to another Schengen country, you may contact us for guidance for how to submit the application.