In line with its strategic priorities in Lebanon for 2019, the Norwegian Embassy in Beirut is soliciting concept notes for projects in line with the following focus areas:
- Humanitarian assistance and needs of vulnerable groups.
- Non-formal education for vulnerable children.
- Vocational training for youth.
- Protection and promotion of human rights.
- Strategic initiatives for peace building, conflict prevention and resilience.
Proposals that address cross-cutting issues such as the implementation of sustainable development goals (Agenda2030), fundamental human rights, women’s rights/gender parity, anti-corruption/good governance or has environmental protection components, are encouraged. Consideration of the do-no-harm principle should be well reflected in all proposed interventions.
The embassy will be accepting short concept notes (maximum of 2 pages) as per the application requirements below. As a main rule, the duration of the project proposal should be limited to 1 year. Applicants may indicate if the project requires a longer timeframe for achieving results.
The concept note should contain a brief description of the objectives, output and activities, as well as a preliminary budget. Deadline for submission of concept notes is April 15, 2019.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by May 7, 2019 to submit full proposals no later than May 27, 2019 based on a template to be provided and a specific deadline to be communicated by the Embassy in due time.
- Applicant must be a local or international actor, registered in Lebanon. Submissions from local organizations will be prioritized for this call.
- Proven track-record, administrative competence and organizational capacity to implement similar projects (include names of projects and donors).
- Plausible intervention logic, rationale and theory of change.
- Result matrix, preferably linked to the budget.
- Clear selection of target groups.
- Application must include an indicative general budget.
- Alignment with national plans and proven complementarity with other similar interventions.
- Fully in line with Norwegian priorities and focus areas described in this call.
- Mainstreaming of gender equality and conflict-sensitive programming is encouraged.
Funding requests from organizations that are already receiving funding for Lebanon from either the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, NORAD or other Norwegian public entities will not be prioritized for this call, with the intention of avoiding duplication. Proposals pertaining to stand-alone conferences/events/meetings/activities that do not fall within a comprehensive approach or serve concrete intended results are not likely to receive financing.
Interested organizations are invited to submit their concept notes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Call for Concept Notes 2019 in the subject line, no later than April 15, 2019. Applications received beyond the deadline and/or do not meet the application requirements described above, will not be considered.
Only successful applicants will be contacted. Selection of concept notes will be made by May 7. If you do not hear from us by this time, your concept note has not been selected for further study for this cycle.
You may use the same email address for any questions regarding your application.