The Embassy’sgrant management team works to ensure that Norwegian assistance to Lebanon responds to needs, is relevant to the context and that projects are implemented in accordance with applicable Norwegian grant management rules and regulations. Project managements entails ensuring that project implementation yields expected results, within allocated resources and in accordance with grant agreements.
- Work with partner agencies and non-governmental organisations on project delivery and implementation, for projects in the local grants portfolio.
- Monitor progress, and provide support and guidance to partners, including on Norway’s policy of zero tolerance for financial irregularities.
- Keeping different internal and external stakeholders informed of the project and sharing lessons learnt.
- Manage the resources, including tracking of expenditures and report to other donors on achievements and expenditures.
- Ensure coordination with plans and initiatives of the Government of Lebanon, United Nations and civil socity, i.a. through participation in coordination meetings.
- Follow macro-level discussions relating to humanitarian and development assistance to Lebanon, and provide advice where relevant for the overall Norwegian assistance to Lebanon.
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Demography, Statistics, Information Technology, Geography, Political Science, Law, Business Administration, Humanities, Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Economics or related field, or university degree in another field combined with a professional qualification in accounting, auditing or finance - Minimum 3 years of previous professional experience in relevant field.
- Good understanding of project and resource management.
- Strong understanding of the principles of humanitarian and development assistance, as well as good knowledge of the Lebanese context.
- Excellent computer and ICT skills, particularly in data management and data dissemination. Must be willing to learn and gain working proficiency in grant management software used by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Field experience is appreciated.
- Project management accreditation highly desirable.
- Good command of English and Arabic language. Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications.
Personal skills and strengths
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to build and conduct effective professional working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Maintains focus on priorities.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Willingness to develop skilll as required by the tasks to be performed.
Condition and terms:
This is a full time, permanent position with a 6 months probation period. We would like the chosen candidate to start as soon as possible.
The salary is fixed individually based on the candidate’s qualifications and the expertise required for the position.
To apply, please send your CV and application, describing you interest and how you meet the requirements by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Application - Programme Officer
For further information about the Embassy, please visit www.norway.no/en/lebanon
1 March 2018