The aim of the grant scheme is to promote Norwegian culture internationally as well as to provide knowledge about Norway, Norwegian priorities and Norwegian culture.
The priorities are:
Promotion of creative industries within literature, film, music, performing arts and image/photo.
Who can apply?
- Latvian and Norwegian art and cultural institutions and individual experts.
- Applicant must have established good contact with local and international partners. Information about partners must be provided.
Grant can be given to such type activities:
- Projects that profile and promotes Norwegian art and culture abroad within the priorities above.
- Projects that strengthen cooperation between Norwegian and Latvian cultural actors.
- Travel grants for press and experts.
All activities must meet the following criteria:
- The activity must fall within the objectives of the scheme and must aim to meet a specific need.
- The activity must have clearly defined, realistic and measurable goals and, if possible, provide a baseline / present situation and indicators that enable it to measure and report on the results achieved.
- The activity must be cost-effective. This must be documented in a detailed budget. The grant recipient shall not earn any profit from the grant.
- The administrative costs associated with the activity shall not be covered.
The applicant must fill in an application form. The grant is formalised by a written grant agreement. Grant recipient shall always document and report on the outputs of the activity and the effect the activity has had on the target group (outcomes).
There is no deadline and applications will be assessed depending upon availability of funds.